As at August 1, 2022
Thank you for your interest in PLC Consulting, Training, Tools, Translations (hereinafter “PLC“, “we“, “us“).
Protecting your Personal Data and complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other relevant data protection legislation are matters that we take very seriously. This privacy notice strives to give you an overview of how we ensure data protection
By “Personal Data” we mean, in accordance with the GDPR, any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. This goes beyond information of a personal or private nature, including data such as your name and email address.
- Responsibility / Controller
- Gathering and processing of personal data
- Storage of personal data, objection and withdrawal of consent
- User rights
Responsibility / Controller
Responsibility for data processing in connection with this website rests with PLC Consulting Training Tools Translations, Alexandra Lueders, Am Ossenbrink 66, 58313 Herdecke, Germany, as Controller.
Gathering and processing of personal data
We use our website to present general information about our company and to outline what we do.
When you visit our website, we record the following information:
- your IP address;
- the data you requested from the website;
- how much data you downloaded;
- the website from which your accessing system came to our website;
- the server reply code on the request from your browser;
- information about the browser you used;
- the date and time you visited, and for how long; and
- other similar data and information that serves to avert the risk of a cyberattack on our information technology systems.
We utilize such information so as to
- properly transmit the contents of our website;
- continue optimizing our website and
- be able to provide law enforcement authorities with the necessary information for prosecution in the event of a cyberattack.
Via our website, you have the possibility to contact PLC by using the contact forms, email addresses, or telephone and fax numbers provided. In the event of such contact, we shall store and process the resulting personal data for the sole purposes of dealing with your request. The legal basis for the processing of the data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR (general requests).
We shall process personal data solely for the purposes of effectively handling the requests addressed to us. These purposes also constitute our legitimate interest in processing personal data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
Saving and storage of personal data, objection and withdrawal of consent
Data transferred to us via contact requests will be saved by us until you ask for deletion of these data, or you object to the storage of these data, or until the purpose for saving the data has been served.
Should you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data (Art. 6 para 1 lit. a) GDPR) by PLC, you may revoke your consent at any time. However, such withdrawal of consent shall only be effective for continued or future data processing after receipt of a withdrawl notice. Please contact PLC via mail, fax, or email (see “Contact“)
The PLC website uses only necessary cookies. Cookies are small text files which are automatically stored on your end device when you visit our website. Cookies cannot harm your end device. Cookies enable PLC to design the website in an attractive way and to facilitate the use of the website. The information stored in cookies is not used to identify the user and is not merged with other personal data.
The PLC website uses transient cookies and persistent cookies. We would like to inform you about their scope and functionality in more detail as follows:
Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They include, in particular, session cookies. Session cookies store a session ID by means of which various requests from your browser can be assigned to the shared session. For instance, this enables us to recognize that you have already visited individual pages of our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which differs depending on the cookie. You have the option to delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can adjust your browser settings according to your wishes and, thereby, for instance, refuse the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies in general. However, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functionalities of our website. The legal basis for the processing of personal data using cookies is Art. 6 (1) (b) GDPR.
As users of the PLC website and data subject, you may assert certain rights regarding your personal data, in accordance with Art. 15-21 GDPR. You have the following rights in particular:
- at any time, request from PLC information about and / or a copy of any personal data stored about you (right of access, Art. 15 GDPR);
- at any time, ask PLC for an update, completion or rectification of personal data stored about you (right to rectification, Art. 16 GDPR);
- ask PLC to erase personal data stored about you, and/or restrict the way in which PLC processes and uses your personal data (right to erasure, Art. 17 GDPR and right to restriction of processing, Art. 18 GDPR)
- object to the processing of your personal data by PLC (right to object, Art. 21 and 22 GDPR)
- request from PLC the transfer of your personal data to either yourself or another data controller (right to data portability, Art. 20 GDPR).
Should you be dissatisfied with the way that PLC has processed your personal data or any data protection queries submitted to PLC, you may issue a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
The security of your data is important to us. All areas of our website for data input use encryption systems such as SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to protect your data from being accessed by unauthorized third parties.
Should you have any comments or questions regarding this Privacy Notice or our processing of your personal data, please contact us at:
PLC Consulting Training Tools Translations
Am Ossenbrink 66
Phone +49 2330 80 76 20 50
This Privacy Notice was last modified on August 1, 2022.
We reserve the right to modify or amend this privacy notice from time to time so as to meet applicable legal requirements or to fit new website contents and features. Each visit to our website shall be governed by the privacy notice published on our website at the time of that visit.